Saturday, May 22, 2010

Don’t be Sharp, Just willing!

My Belief

So many Christians tell me, “Well…I don’t know how to talk about Jesus or I’m not ready”… This is SILLY! Christians don’t want to talk about Christ because they are (OF) this world instead of being (IN) this world. I feel I present a very convincing argument for the evidence of Intelligent design (GOD) and the accuracy of the Bible, but I DON’T NEED TOO! The more I share Christ's gift of love and salvation with people the more I realize that NO argument in the world convinces anyone. Only the HOLY SPIRIT changes a persons heart. We are called to simply “toss” seed around on all the ground. God changes the condition of the soil it lands on. You are only asked to give an account of the Hope that you have in Christ Jesus. Look in the mirror and ask yourself, “Self, do I have eternal hope in Jesus?'” If the answer is yes, than share it. When people say there is NO stability in the market, this job, or my investments; tell them where the security and the hope is. The only solid ground is Jesus. You don’t have to be convincing, just be willing to share and pray with them.

Scripture

Mark 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.”

1Peter 3:15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

Application for Life

Do you have hope in Christ? Do you know that all the bills, situations, and problems of this world are frivolous? If so then pray for God to give you opportunity to share that hope with all you meet. Be like Paul and say, “my hands are clean because I told everyone I met about Christ”. You don’t have to debate or convince, just tell them. Jesus said that his sheep will hear his voice and follow, so let Jesus speak through you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment