Sunday, May 16, 2010

I’m Sorry Again…

My Belief

Do you ever struggle with the same sin over and over and over again? I do! Some times I think I have all of my sinful self completely under control and I feel close to God. Other times, it is like I let my guard slip and I don’t know how I can ever be close to God. There are times when I am tired have not been in the Word and I let my mind and actions wonder toward those things of Anger, Lust, and Gluttony. I give in somewhat to the evil desires of my flesh. I have done this most of my life and I figure I will for pretty much the rest of it too. I pray and pray that God will forgive me and give me the strength to overcome my sin. He does, EVERY TIME. Paul described this same problem in Romans. All though he is in Christ he is also a sinful man. Though his heart is for God, he is prone to all the sinfulness in the human condition. The beautiful thing is, is that God always forgives us that are in Christ Jesus. He loves us and restores us to start a new day every time.

Scripture

Romans 7:24-26 - 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
      So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

1 John 1:9 - 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness

Application for Life

Don’t think that you will ever beat your sin, ONLY JESUS COULD! He was the only perfect one that could fix this problem. Instead, embrace the fact that you are a wicked sinful person who NEEDS Jesus to survive. Don’t let the devil lie to you and let you think that God will not forgive you again. You are one of his children and He will always pick you up and dust you off again.

1 comment:

  1. I agree- but a person also has to consciously try to keep themselves out of tempting situations too.

    ReplyDelete