Monday, August 30, 2010

Crazy Love

passion 1

My Belief

A member of my crew recently asked me an interesting question. He knows that I am a follower of Jesus and he likes to try to “hit me” with question that I may not be able to answer. I must admit the question he asked this time caused me to pause and think hard for a moment. I had never tried to answer a question like this to a non believer before, and it took a moment to relate it in a way that would not sound like “hocus-pocus” religious rhetoric. His question was this: “How do you love Jesus? In an intimate way? Like a father? Like a brother? or What? I had flown with this member of my crew many times and we spoken often about his fondness for history. I used his appreciation for history to try and answer his question. My answer proceeded something like this:

Suppose that back in the 1940’s America had been invaded by Nazi’s. I then told him also imagine that the Nazi’s had indoctrinated you amongst there ranks as they had done with so many young minds. Pretend they had given you authority and power to arrest, invade, and assert that authority on the people of America. Now pretend that you used this power against me. You and some of your military buddies, just for sport, trapped my entire family and dogs inside my house and then proceeded to light in on fire. This killed everyone inside and you made me watch in horror. After the tragic event was over, you then realized what a terrible thing this was and you turned to look me in the eye. Instead of rage, my eyes met you with compassion, grace, and FORGIVENESS. As your Nazi buddies witnessed this exchange they turned to lay hands on you for what they presumed to be a moment of weakness. As they approached, I not only forgave you, but I jumped in front of them. I exclaiming to them that I was at fault and to let me take your place as the icon of their hatred.

I then proceeded to ask my fellow crew member how he would feel toward me in this situation? You grossly wronged me, yet I forgave you. Then when you realized you were in danger, I took your place. This would describe the love I have for Jesus. Back to reality, I realize that I am the offender here. I have wronged Jesus and I deserve a horrible punishment. In spite of this Jesus still forgives me and protects me. Words can not really describe the love that I have for my Savior, but this sort of paints the picture.

passion 2

Scripture

Luke 10:27

27He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[a]; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b]"

Application for Life

Since there is NO reason for The Lord Jesus to Love us the way He does, what does this mean for our life? It means we should give our all to Christ! It means there is no wrong that can be done to us that we can not forgive. It means that this is not our home and our future has been given new meaning. LIVE HARD for Jesus! After what He did for us, is there really any other way…

passion 3

No comments:

Post a Comment