Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Breaking the Cross

 My Belief

I feel that God and the truth of the Bible are 100% certain, but I will tell you how to disprove them both. When we look at different faiths in this world (Islam, Mormons, Catholics etc) I feel that all of them can be disproved simply by punching holes in their evidence. In Islam they say that no land that is ever owned by Islam will ever be owned by another – oops Israel. Mormons have a very big problem explaining how man becomes god. Catholics have no proof to support baptism for salvation or why they pray to Mary. Jehovah's Witnesses have predicted the end of the world incorrectly about 5 or 6 times. The list goes on and on and on except for with true Biblical Christianity. I have never heard anyone give a credible way to punch holes in the Bible and the critics have been trying forever. In this post I am going to give you 3 ways to “theoretically” punch holes in the Bible.

1. If the Jewish people and Israel are ever completely obliterated and wiped off the face of the earth, then it can be said the Bible is false. God has said in his word He is not done with Israel. In the Bible it says He has completed “69 weeks” of history with the Jewish people and there is one week remaining.

2. If aliens from outside of earth are ever discovered and begin to interact with us here on earth. The Bible gives specific information about how the world began and how it is going to end. E.T. is never mentioned once.

3. If one single thing in the Bible can be proven wrong! It does not matter if it is history or prophecy. If anything in the Bible can be proven wrong then you may as well trash the entire thing. God says His word is WHOLE, PERFECT, AND SUFFICENT. That is a tall order and if you discredit a piece then you can discredit the rest.

I am confident that none of these thing will EVER happen. God is sovereign and in control. He has given us all we need and told us how events will take place. I however, am a logical person. I love to learn and hear information, and I never want to be accused of being a closed minded person that won’t listen to opposing thought. I love to hear all sides of an argument and can specifically point at what is required to “Break the Bible”. I would encourage  EVERYONE to attempt this task. GO and try to disprove the Bible. My greatest HOPE is that millions will in fact, try. I know God and I have heard countless stories of those that have tried this task only to be become avid followers of Jesus Christ. In there attempt to destroy the faith, they end up finding God themselves. Jesus on the cross

Scripture

Matt 5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Application for Life

Don’t pretend to know God or Allah or Buddha or anything else because you grew up that way, your parents do, or it seams like a good idea. Go out there and LOOK for yourself. Compare the evidence to what we know. Use the scientific method to sort out the known from the unknown. Where are the holes, where are the facts, and what can we prove? Ask as many questions as possible. If this process is applied, then I am confident only the one true God will remain in the end. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment