Monday, April 23, 2012

Best Sermon Ever!!!

My Belief

Best sermon

I just heard the best sermon of my life and I did not even know I was hearing it when I was hearing it! It was sort of like when you watch an artist design something, draw something, sculpt something, whatever… You watch very intently as they do it trying to figure out how the finished product will look, but you can never quite see it until they step back and go “Vuala”! The message today by pastor Solomon directly addressed one of my deepest darkest fears/sins/concerns. It is the fear that somehow my own sin will mess up my life.

I believe in Jesus and I know I am part of God’s family, but I always feel like the “black sheep” of the family. I always tell my wife that if the rapture comes in my life time and we are all standing around on a cloud with Jesus, I think I would position myself at the back of the crowd and sort of shuffle my feet, raise my hand, and say “yes” Lord it’s me.Black Sheep I believe I am covered in the blood of Jesus and I have grace, but I also realize the evil in my heart and the sinful nature that exists inside of me. That is why I call myself “Captain Dirty” on this blog.

In this sermon Lon gave a powerful example of how God operates. He has a plan and He is faithful to us, even when we are not faithful to Him. The message centered around Abraham and his journey to Egypt to buy food during the great famine of his time. Lon explained how Abraham did not trust God to protect him and lied about his wife. He said she was his sister and allowed her to be taken by Pharaoh. Even in this act of unbelief, the one true God of Israel protected and blessed Abraham regardless of his disobedience. Abraham did it all wrong and still left Egypt extremely rich and blessed. God had a sovereign plan for Abraham and He has a sovereign plan for each of his followers. Even as bad a sinners as we are, we are not BIG enough to mess up God’s plans.  We can not forfeit our salvation and we can not void the plans that God has for us. This gives me a powerful reassurance to walk boldly in my life knowing that God has laid the way! 

Scripture

Gen 12:12-13

12 When the Egyptians see you, they will say, ‘This is his wife.’ Then they will kill me but will let you live. 13 Say you are my sister, so that I will be treated well for your sake and my life will be spared because of you.”

http://mcleanbible.org/media_player.asp?type=large&messageID=122375 (Lon’s Sermon)

Application for Life

I do not have fear of death because I know Jesus is just on the other side, but I also do not have fear in life. No matter what happens to me or how bad I sin I know that God will forgive me and have HIS WILL for my life. I don’t need to worry about jobs, safety, finances, health, or my future. I need only to do “MY BEST” to keep my eyes on Jesus because God has already work out all the details that lay ahead.

No Fear

 

No comments:

Post a Comment