Thursday, July 21, 2011

Intense Interview

My Belief

Interview

Interviewing is just a part of the Airline Pilots career. These interviews can be very intense at times. Some of the most sought after jobs have some of the most comprehensive and nerve racking interviews. These interviews consist of simulated emergencies in airplanes that the candidate has never flown before, knowledge test that include everything from cognitive skills tests to information about black holes, and intense grilling with trick questions from members of the perspective company. Pilots spend months and years preparing for these test. They study math, science, and any scrap of information they can find on each interview. The reason pilots put themselves through this is because the rewards are AWESOME! The hope is to gain a rewarding, fulfilling job that brings a great sense of accomplishment to their lives. We dream of working for that company that values us and pays us to do what we love and what we are good at, which is being pilots of large Jetliner aircraft.

Isn't this exactly what Jesus promises us! Not Jetliner jobs but the BEST JOB we could ever possible imagine! Best Job everGod is watching us in this life as though it was just a “big interview”. He is watching who will love Him with all their heart, who will live the way He asked us to, and who will treat others the way Christ treats us. When we cheat, lie, steal, and live a life other than the one Jesus asked us to live, we lose some of the rewards that God has for us. If we will commit ourselves to the Lord and treat this life like the “Interview” that it is then God will provide us with the BEST JOB EVER in the next age to come. I can hardly imagine what it could be, but it would be awesome to have a job that I was perfectly designed for. A job where the Lord Jesus Himself personally made it for me. A job where God looks down on me with a sense of approval. This would be truly awesome. That is what I am doing right now. I am interviewing right now for that job. Whatever the Lord gives me in this life, I want to do as much for Him as I can with it so when I get to Heaven or the Millennial Kingdom the Lord can give me as much as He wants to give me.

Scripture

1 Cor 3:13-14 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.

Matt 6:20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Application for Life

I am trying to do my best to “interview” right now. I want to give cheerfully back to the Lord, I want to be the husband, father and friend that God has called me to be, and I want share Jesus with whoever the Lord brings in my path. I want to be a top candidate. I want the Lord to see what I have done with what He has given me and hear him say “Well done good and faithful servant… Oh and hear is a whole bunch more work I have for you to do”. I can hardly imagine how amazing the job is, so I want to my best to be successful in the interview process today!

Stairway to heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment