Monday, March 7, 2011

Spiritual P90X

My Belief

P90X 2

I love P90X! It is an awesome total body workout that is always “Changing”. It consists of 12-15 different workouts that you do in different orders. The idea is that by always changing your routine you will confuse your muscles. Confused muscles work harder because they never get into a routine. They can never get into a rut because they don’t know what is coming next. There are studies that show that people that do the same workout all the time do not benefit that much because their progress levels off. Also, when you do the same thing all the time your heart is really not in it. You are just doing the same old lifts and squats over and over again. I’m telling you all of this because I feel that my prayer life is the same way.

I CAN’T pray for the same thing everyday! I have so many things that I want to talk to God about. I want to pray for my family and for my own issues. I want to pray for all the lost people that I have had the opportunity to share my trust in Jesus with. I pray for my church, my pastor and ministries that I am involved in. I pray for friends and small groups and on and on and on… When I try to pray for all of these things in a single day it becomes routine. I feel like it becomes something I don’t mean. Sure I am sincere for a few weeks or maybe even a month, but after that I feel like I am just telling God the same “mind numbing” thing I told Him yesterday. Quite a while ago I STOPED doing this! I started breaking up my prayer life. I started using Sundays to talk to God about lost people, Monday has become my own issues, Tuesday is for my church, Wednesday I pray for friends, Thursday is for small group, Friday is for family, and Saturday is for specific needs. My prayer life has become a changing process that is never the same old mantra to the Lord. Now I feel that I can come to the Lord with that thing that weighs heavy on my heart that particular day. It has become a system where I can get real results and see positive change as the Lord works on me in prayer. Prayer Cross

Scripture

Jeremiah 33:3 3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

Application for life

It does not matter how you pray it just matters that you DO pray. God wants us to come to him with all of our issues. The big ones and the small ones. The thing that has always separated powerful men and women of God from all the rest is their dedication to bring everything to the Lord in prayer. By praying to God we are telling Him that we are trusting Him with everything that we are. I recently heard an interview with Billy Graham where he was asked what he would have done differently in his life and his response was simply, “I would have spent way more time in prayer”.  

Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment